September 27, 2017
Q&A with Featured Member: Kevin Dahl
Co-Founder, CEO of NexGoal LLC & President of VIKTRE Careers LLC
Where did you grow up?
Thunder Bay, Ontario
What is your hockey history?
I have played defense for a lot of teams at various levels:
- Minor hockey in Thunder Bay
- Stratford Cullitons Jr. B
- Bowling Green State University
- Drafted by Montreal Canadiens (1988)
- Silver medalist in the Olympics, representing Canada (1992)
- NHL, including Calgary Flames, Phoenix Coyotes, Toronto Maple Leafs, Columbus Bluejackets
- IHL, including Salt Lake Golden Eagles, Chicago Wolves (2 Turner Cups, 3-time All Star), Las Vegas Thunder (1-time All Star)
- AHL, including Fredericton Canadians and Saint John Flames
- ECHL, including Winston Salem Thunderbirds
- DEL Nurnberg Ice Tigers
What business are you in now?
I am the co-founder and CEO of NexGoal, a corporate recruiting firm placing athletes in careers. We recruit the highest-quality-athlete candidates for businesses seeking competitively driven talent for their corporate teams. I am also president of VIKTRE Careers LLC, an online career services portal for pro and Olympic athletes.
How has hockey helped you achieve success?
Hockey has taught me valuable lessons I have used to build my career and my business:
- Persistence. Start at the bottom and keep moving up.
- Work ethic. It takes hard work to be successful.
- Coach’s perspective. You always can learn more.
- Drive. I love to win.
- Never quit.
Can you share a few fun facts about yourself?
In addition to playing hockey of course, I love to golf and fish. My favorite foods are steak and pierogies.