- This event has passed.
3rd Annual International HPIB Charity Hockey Tournament
April 23, 2022 - April 24, 2022$35.00 – $150.00
Join us for our 3rd Annual International HPIB Charity Hockey Tournament on April 23-24, 2022.
· This event is open to anyone to attend (open to members and non-members of HPIB). Players of all levels and abilities are welcome.
· This tournament uses a skill level based scoring system to encourage teamwork.
· Held at Gilmour Ice Arena
· Limited to 104 skaters and 8 goalies (8 teams)
· Cost: $150 per player, $35 for Party-only attendees
· A block of hotel rooms are reserved at a discounted rate at the tournament party location close to the rink.
Deadline to register is March 31st, 2022
$150 per player (Includes: 4 games, jersey, welcome bag, meet and greet on Friday night at the rink (optional), HPIB tournament party with entertainment, networking, food and drink on April 23, 2022)
• 4 game guarantee (15 minute periods, 3 minute warm-up, 2 referee system, game music and live stats)
• Scoring system is slightly revised from past tournaments, as a goal counts as 1 point for an A player, 2 points for a B player and 3 points for a C player
• Prize, similar to prior years, will be awarded to each player on the winning team
• 8 teams (Final rosters will be assembled evenly based on skill level)
• 13 skaters and 1 goalie per team
• Registration, first come – first serve
• 3 minute warm-up
• 2 referee system
• 15 minute periods, stop time
• 4 game guarantee
• Game music and live stats
• Round robin, Finals and Consolation
We have secured our location for our Saturday evening event at the Hilton Garden Inn Hotel (5-10 minutes from the rink). As a result, we have secured a block of 20 rooms under Hockey Players in Business at the hotel at a discounted price of $99.
Please find the hotel contact information below:
Kelley Brooks | Director of Sales
Hilton Garden Inn | 700 Beta Banquet & Conference Center
700 Beta Drive Mayfield Village, Ohio 44143
Main Hotel Number: 440.646.1777
Direct Number: 440.229.9901
All players in the event get to attend the tournament party free of charge. The party will be held at the Hilton Garden Inn, with a live band, auction items, raffle items etc. This is always an awesome time, great for networking and building connections.
$35 for Non-player event attendees. Attend the April 23, 2022 networking event, cost includes food, drink, networking and entertainment. Open to members and guests.
April 23, 2022 – 7 pm to 11 pm
• Band secured: Nick and the Chick
• Open bar, dinner, auction items and a great time.
We would like as many members as possible from around the US and Canada to participate in the tournament. Therefore, whatever chapter has the most tournament participants (besides the Cleveland chapter since the event is held in Cleveland) will be able to donate $5,000 to the hockey related charity of their choice. A weekend of hockey and camaraderie is the ideal way to build long-lasting relationships. Please consider playing in the tournament (all skill levels are welcome, as we have a weighted scoring system that encourages teamwork). Please promote the tournament in your chapter and in your hockey network.