4th Annual International HPIB Charity Hockey Tournament presented by Kaulig Capital
April 14 - April 16$35.00 – $200.00
Join us for our 4th Annual International HPIB Charity Hockey Tournament on April 14-16, 2023.
· This event is open to members and non-members of HPIB. Players of all levels and abilities are welcome.
· This tournament uses a skill level based scoring system to encourage teamwork.
· Held at Gilmour Ice Arena
· Limited to 104 skaters and 8 goalies (8 teams)
· 4 games will be played by each team (1 Friday, 2 Saturday, and 1 Sunday)
· Cost: $150 per player for members, $200 for non-members of HPIB, $35 for Party-only attendees
· A block of hotel rooms are reserved at a discounted rate at the tournament party location close to the rink.
Deadline to register is March 31st, 2023
$150 per player for members, $200 for non-members of HPIB (Includes: 4 games, jersey, welcome bag, HPIB tournament party, networking, food and drink)
• 4 game guarantee (20 minute periods, 3 minute warm-up, 2 referee system, game music and live stats)
• Scoring system – 1 point for an A player, 2 points for a B player and 3 points for a C player. 3 goal max per game for all players.
• Custom Bauer Hockey Sticks will be awarded to each player on the winning team
• 8 teams (Final rosters will be assembled evenly based on skill level)
• 13 skaters and 1 goalie per team
• Registration, first come – first serve
Tournament Party on Saturday evening at the Hilton Garden Inn Hotel (5-10 minutes from the rink). As a result, we have secured a block of rooms under Hockey Players in Business at the hotel at a discounted price of $99.
Please find the hotel contact information below:
Kelley Brooks | Director of Sales
Hilton Garden Inn | 700 Beta Banquet & Conference Center
700 Beta Drive Mayfield Village, Ohio 44143
Main Hotel Number: 440.646.1777
Direct Number: 440.229.9901
All players in the tournament get to attend the tournament party free of charge. The party will be held at the Hilton Garden Inn, with an open bar, dinner, auction items, raffle items, etc. This is always an awesome time, great for networking and building connections. No band this year, just a great play list of music played in the background. Adding cornhole and other games this year for the tournament party.
$35 for Non-player event attendees. Attend the networking event, cost includes food, drink, networking and entertainment. Open to members and guests.
We would like as many members as possible from around the US and Canada to participate in the tournament. Therefore, whatever chapter has the most tournament participants (besides the Cleveland chapter since the event is held in Cleveland) will be able to donate $5,000 to hockey related charity or charities of their choice. A weekend of hockey and camaraderie is the ideal way to build long-lasting relationships. Please consider playing in the tournament (all skill levels are welcome, as we have a weighted scoring system that encourages teamwork). Please promote the tournament in your chapter and in your hockey network.
THANK YOU TO ALL OF OUR SPONSORS
Don’t take it from us, read the great feedback below we’ve received from previous attendees!
- The tournament was a great time, and I would in a heartbeat be headed back next year. – Chris Picklo (Detroit)
- To say the 2022 HPIB tournament was “fun” would be an understatement. It was an amazing weekend filled with plenty of laughs and some great hockey. Perhaps the greatest aspect of the weekend is the incredible impact it has for the American Special Hockey Association (ASHA). I couldn’t be more excited for next year’s tournament. – Jared Prior (Cleveland)
- HPIB is a great organization with even better people and the tournament was well run and great! The connections made at the tourney were meaningful and the competition was a lot of fun. – Jeff Embree (New York)
- HPIB is a great opportunity to network on the business side of things but also provides former and current players with an opportunity to get to meet new friends and play a game we all love. Thank you HPIB for an unforgettable weekend! – Brady Anderson (Pittsburgh)
- My experience during the HPIB tournament was above and beyond my expectations. Everyone on the tournament planning committee was very welcoming and provided everything needed. It truly showcased how much hard work went into the development of the tourney. I can’t wait to return next year. – Chris Clyne (Indianapolis)
- The annual HPIB Tournament is the must attend event of the year for adult hockey players who care about our game, giving back to our communities and sharing the ice with business professionals who share the same goals. *3 time attendee – Chris Higgins (New Jersey)
Download the printable event flyer by clicking on the image below…